5.05.2009

Day Twelve / April Tour

A Melody, The Memory / Mae

Is that your song I hear playing?
'Cause I'm feeling it too
Does it take all direction, all control over you?

When you sing do you slip away?
Back to that place in your mind?
Let our love be the one thing you wont leave behind

Rewind and play
Time to go backwards again
I'm moved by the way
All the notes in time make the melody
Hold me and sway into the moment we share
Where we can stay so attached to the memory

How I long just to hold you
And see you let go as we dance
I know you're reminiscing through our romance
Can you hear the piano?
And the pulse of the drums?
Does the tune and the groove bring you back to our love?
Oh, come and find it honey...

Rewind and play
Time to go backwards again
I'm moved by the way
All the notes in time make the melody
Night into day
Can we move onward from here?
Where we can stay on and on attached to the memory

Oh I know you can feel it
Let it take you there
(Oh-oh oh)

Rewind and play
Time to go backwards again
I'm moved by the way
All the notes in time make a sweet melody
Night into day
We have been captured again
A new time and place to make a million new memories

-

So, I forgot to share one thing about our last show with Brightwood the other night. Even though both bands had long drives ahead of them, we decided to find a park around ten at night to have a farewell barbecue. There were a couple of signs posted saying that it was closed after sunset... but hey, it was our last time together for a while... why would that stop us?  As we were there, a police car passed by a few times, but it was almost as if he understood the situation as it was and let continue to have our fun together. We cooked some hamburgers, ate some chips, drank some soda... classic. We will genuinely miss those boys...

As for today goes, it is Josh's first show with us at The Knitting Factory. We practiced last night, and I feel that he did extremely well. There is something about his style that I feel we have been missing out on for a long time... I'm ready for this new chapter in our lives as a band and individuals. If anyone is available to come out tonight and support us in this transition, then we would greatly appreciate it, and even if not, thank you for your support and prayers throughout the years. We couldn't ask for more.

I leave for Arkansas in four days... I couldn't be more excited. My cousin is graduating from high school, so it will be cool to be there for her and support her as a family. Though, it will be a crazy process getting out there beforehand... we have a show in Fresno the night before I leave, so basically we will drive home from the show after we finish, drop me off at the airport on the way home, wait at the airport until my flight leaves around seven in the morning, fly out, arrive around two, then grab a car that my uncle is leaving at the airport for me to rush over to where the ceremony is. Seems hectic, but I'm up for the challenge.

Well, again, please come out tonight if you can! Hopefully, I will be seeing some of you there!

2 comments:

  1. so does this mean you won't even be home when we get back!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, and thank you for my new mix. It was very exciting to wake up to 20 new emails and 18 of them being new songs to listen to :). I am excited to have something new to listen to on the way home!

    ReplyDelete