5.04.2009

Day Eleven / April Tour

Island / Mainstay

In an old apartment waiting for the walls to move
Praying that someone, hoping that no one intrudes
Living like an actor, feeling like a poet bruised

But no man is an island

Lay down your robe, leper or rogue,
keep yourself open here
Don't let the cold close to your soul, lonely tonight

Passing like a shadow, never letting anyone see
Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think you know
the first thing about me

But no man is an island

Lay down your robe, leper or rogue,
keep yourself open here
Don't let the cold close to your soul,
no one is free come light
Heavier stones think to themselves,
that they're alone here
But everyone grieves and everyone feels lonely tonight

Don't tell me you know, when I know you don't

-

We finally arrived in town around eight this morning. I am currently sitting in my living room watching Friends and just got finished with some Molca Salsa. I just had to.

Well, the tour technically isn't over... Chris and I head out to Simi Valley around four to practice with our new permanent drummer, Josh Jeffers, to prepare for his first show with us tomorrow at The Knitting Factory. I am excited for this because not only are we playing on the main stage, but this is the start of something new. Ever since we lost our old drummer, God has provided in every step we have taken, and this is just one of the many ways He has been taking care of us. Josh is so solid, and I am beyond excited to get to know him more and start a new journey together.

So for now, I think I am going to get some rest. We drove all night. I feel like I'm partially dying.

Pray for us though as we practice tonight and head out to the show tomorrow! I miss my family and friends very much and won't see anyone until Wednesday when we get back home... but give me a call if you want to hang out on either Wednesday or Thursday before I leave for Fresno for a show then head out to Arkansas. Talk to you soon?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment