5.03.2009

Day Ten / April Tour

The Distance / Number One Fan

What would you do if I came through?
I love the distance, it's that you cant take it
How should I feel if you miss the old days?
The look on your face said everything's changing so fast

Call anytime you need, I have been waiting alone on the road
Call anytime you need, I have been waiting, I will be waiting

What would you do if this fell through?
I love the distance, it's that you cant take it.
How should I feel if you miss the old days?
The look on your face said everything's changing so fast

Call anytime you need, I have been waiting alone on the road
Call anytime you need, I have been waiting, I will be waiting

-

Today we part ways with our good friends in Brightwood. Even though it has been a short run, I wouldn't trade these past two weeks for anything. It was too short overall... But keep them in their prayers as they drive up fro Los Angeles today and us as we travel to meet them up in Sacramento. We only have about a two hour drive today, so not bad at all...

As I look forward to tonight, I am not excited at all to leave these dudes. They are so solid as people and musicians, and we had the chance to really connect with them while staying at their house a few days ago in Oregon. The singer and I tracked a new song I have been working on while we were there, and the experience is something that I am having trouble leaving behind in the past. Though, I will remember it from now on and just see it as a blessing that we had the chance to actually shake their hands before they blow up in this industry. They have such a bright future ahead of them...

Tonight isn't officially the last date on the tour, seeing as we play The Knitting Factory on the fifth with Falling Up and Ruth on the main stage. If anyone is in town, please come to this show to welcome our new drummer, Josh! We will be jamming with him tomorrow during the day in Simi Valley and preparing for the show, so technically, tonight isn't the last show, which I find very exciting!

As of last night goes, Chris and I had the chance to talk about things that have been going on during this tour. All I need to say is that it was beyond a blessing finally getting things off our chests and moving on to finish this tour strong. The devil loves to hinder you when you attempt to glorify God through your actions and abilities... but not this time. After we got to chat, we played a sweet show. It wasn't the best sounding... I know it... but with everything on the table from each individual in the band, I believe people saw our hearts last night while on stage. And that is our goal exactly... for others to see something different in us... but not only on stage, but off as well. We must of done something right. We made so many new friends last night while chatting after the show at the church and at Yogurt Time afterwards.

Well, as this tour comes to an end, I realize I have been stretched alongside with my fellow band mates and even my friends that are out on the road right now as we speak in the south and east coasts. Friends, we have gone through so many things these past couple weeks/months... I'm honored to know each and every one of you and look forward to getting some hugs in and sharing our thoughts, ideas and stories about what exactly God did these past few months.

I will see you soon...


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So when you are off the road and I am off the road we will be able to actually hang out, share stories, laughs, and some hugs. This will be fun times! I know I have been terrible at keeping up with my blog. Most of the time I feel like there is so much to write about that I don't know where to start or even how compose what I want to say without being all scattered. Therefor I just put off post, have too much to catch up on and take the lazy route out by not writing. I will try to be better about it but I do go in my spurts. I hope you are doing well my friend and you have a good time in Little Rock. I will talk to you soon!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete