5.02.2009

Day Nine / April Tour

The Heart Is An Anchor / Lakes

I saw the sea, pulled you into a dream, said, "It's ok."
I said, "I'll make you queen to leave everything. It's ok."
They said, "Love is a waiting game,
Time is enough to make the best fall apart,
You're a boy with a wondering soul,
You're going blind into the dark."

When your young, you take your own advice.
And when your tired, you stay up every night.
When it's love, you're just a fool, but your heart is an anchor.

Well, I fell asleep weighing my dreams, and it's ok.
You can tell me I'm wrong, and I'll tell you I'm weak, and it's ok.
'Cause life is a reckless storm,
Time is enough to put some light in the dark.
I'm a boy with a wondering soul,
Not going down without a spark, spark, spark.

When you're young, you take your own advice.
And when you're tired, you stay up every night.
When it's love, you're just a fool, but your heart is an anchor.

When it's real, you'll get through anything.
When you're poor, you'll live off what you see.
And when you're stretched and have nothing left, well then love is an anchor.

I fell asleep weighing my dreams, and it's ok.

Tell me I'm wrong, and I'll tell you I'm weak, and its ok. 

-

It seems that we are finally on our homeward stretch. 

Currently, we are in Petaluma, California, at a new found friends apartment.  We just got back from lunch at a mexican restaurant where we ate an eighteen inch burrito. We couldn't even finish it between five dudes. But, once again, I am full when we shouldn't have even been able to afford anything. The Lord continues to provide for us.

We had to make six or so hour drive back into California the other night alongside Brightwood on the freeway, and during that time, Zack (our fill in touring drummer) had the chance to converse about some deep things. One thing that seemed to stand out about our conversation that night was how we are loved unconditionally. I feel like I have been back and forth with God on this whole tour, making mistakes daily, but still, we are making it from place to place. I have the opportunity to shower frequently... I constantly had food in my stomach... I don't deserve any of these things, and I honestly know that. We shouldn't have even been allowed to leave for this tour in the first place.

Over the course of this tour, I have been able to see the existence of God more and more. Sure, I can't convince everyone in this world that there is something greater to live for... it is something that everyone needs to experience for themselves... but for myself, I am beyond grateful for this tour. I don't deserve one ounce of love. I don't deserve any money to get from place to place. I don't deserve the opportunity to meet all these kids and promoters every night. But the fact of the matter is that it is given to me as a gift. I literally feel like God is actually handing me things wrapped up in a little box with a pretty bow on top. When Zack and I were talking, I couldn't help but get incredibly frustrated about how undeserving I am. But again, the fact of the matter is that I am loved. Unconditionally.

Enough said.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jamey,
    I just want to sat how incredibly encourage I am every time I read your blog. Your faithfulness to the Lord is just amazing. You always have such a good attitude and are so positive when I talk to you. You are such a good example of a man of the Lord and again just want to say how encouraging that is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey do you know of "Joshua clothing"?

    ReplyDelete