4.24.2009

Day Two / April Tour

Somewhere North / Caedmon's Call

It's a muggy night in Houston
And all the intersections are like full service stations
I'm on my way to a familiar place
It's cold in Kansas City
And you can no more hear me than I can see your face
How I wish it was just you and me

We wouldn't have to talk above the crowd
We wouldn't have to talk so loud

I give you my life and all I am
But what I have to give
So I hand you a candid photograph of this little boy
'Cause I have nothing to my name
But I can give you that

I don't miss the driving
Seems like forever 
And I'm always driving in my mind
And wearing out the road that gets me there

And I'm driving till my eyes just can't see straight
But I suppose that it's getting late

I may never find the sleep 
I've lost all feeling in my hands and
Feet may touch the ground but
My mind's somewhere north of here

-

We woke up in a Walmart around eleven this morning after a long nights drive to Sacramento city. The drive was a total of seven hours. Chris had the idea of getting some Taco Bell for lunch... two dollars each. While there, I made a fool of myself in attempting to promote our show tonight to a bunch of high school students. It had to have been the most awkward situation so far on this tour. As I'm looking around the venue right now, none of those kids are to be seen. Sweet.

After that incident, we decided to finally get to the venue (One Eighty Teen Center). The guys in the office there handed us some fliers to pass out around town which we took full advantage of. As we walked out of the office we saw a girl walking with a backpack on and asked her where the nearest high school was. After getting directions, we set out to promote the show. Ben was driving. I was in the passenger seat. In the distance, I saw a couple kids getting into their car which was right off the street we were driving on, so we sped up to catch them before they got into the car. As we approached them, I flung my body outside the window to get their attention. I asked them if they wanted to come to a show, but the only response I got from one of the kids was, "No, I don't like your music." What? "You haven't even heard of us... we sound like Creed... do you like Creed?" Of course... he didn't like Creed either. What a tool.

Despite that incident, there is a good turnout here tonight. I feel like we did the best we could with the sound system and all. But, I must say, the best part of tonight had to be some fans of ours who brought us some gatorade and a huge cookie with "Sleep For Sleepers" written with icing on it. So awesome! So you can consider that dinner for tonight! Though, as this tour goes on, not only would we appreciate prayer for the kids we run into, but I would also like to be praying for any of you who read this. Even if no one reads it, that is still fine. This is just a chance for me to journal my thoughts and views of the events on this tour. 

Tonight, we drive to our manger Travis Waugh's house which is about forty minutes away. Tomorrow we play a festival in Orangevale, CA. Pray for the show tomorrow, and also with whoever we come into contact tonight as the show comes to an end...

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'll bring you gatorade!-Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamey, I'm so proud of you guys! You're doing amazingly well and I'm super stoked for you! And seriously...who needs dumb high schoolers like them anyways? hehe. You guys rock! :)

    -Syrena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool!!! Keep talking to them youngins. Drag em to your shows. The moment they hear your music they will be entranced. Haha I hope to see you one day soon. I will be praying for you guys. Get those words out there.

    Karmae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamey! I am so happy you made a blog :]
    Tour sounds like you got to a rough start, but you are right when you ask the Lord to stretch you. He will, and at times it will be so hard, however the outcome is so priceless; you will be stronger & more wiser than before.
    Take care friend,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete