4.26.2009

Day Three / April Tour

I Woke Up Near The Sea / Lydia

So it's another night in my bed
'Cause I can't sleep
And oh, it wears on your shoulders
Just please don't ever leave
Me here, don't ever leave
Don't you leave

Start out like a sailor
And bring back all you need
So everyone else can
Try and get some sleep

It turns out you were into yourself
It turns out you could find your way out
Just once more for my baby girl

It turns out you were into yourself
It turns out you could find your way out

And so I woke up near the sea,
Sailing in my dreams
You are already falling back in love with me
Just fall back in love, yeah
Just fall back in love

It's just the season on your back
It's just the way we know to act

It turns out you were into yourself
It turns out you could find your way out
Just once more for my baby girl

And no one ever knew...

-

Thirteen hours. Sacramento to Seattle. We had one night/morning to complete this. We arrived in Seattle around seven this morning. I ended up driving eight of the hours voluntarily because of how peaceful the outlines of trees and interstates seemed to flow together with the moon quietly existing in the background. We passed Weed, which is located about an hour or so below the Oregon borderline, and honestly, it has to be one of my favorite places that we pass through every time on the west coast.

Ben thought it would be a good idea to locate a church in the area to pull the van into and sleep. When I awoke, I found donuts on my lap. Seeing as it was Sunday, there were people walking around outside, and to my knowledge, Ben and Zack were out and about talking to people in the parking lot, and someone decided to buy us some breakfast with how low our budget for food is. Praise the Lord.

When I got out of the van, I saw a man getting out of his car with his wife. They quickly approached me and starting conversing with me. We were already planning on attending a service, but they invited us to come in and sit with them. After the service, they invited us to their house, which is where I am currently typing this... Honestly, I have nothing to complain about whatsoever. These people have been so gracious to us, and immediately opened their home to us. We now have food in our bellies and have clean hair on our heads.

Wade and Stacy Olinger.... thank you so much for blessing us. We will never forget this moment.

As of yesterdays show went, it was pretty cool. We always enjoy playing in Orangevale due to the reaction we get from kids. But as of now, this seems to be the highlight of yesterday/this morning. I cannot express the gratitude and feelings that are running through my body right now.

Lord, thank you for taking care of us...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment